CEC Design represents more than 35 years of international experience within the field of cost-effective sustainable building and urban design adapted to local climate, low-energy use and thermal comfort. The competence is based on many years of solid university research, leadership in development projects, and private consultant assignments.
CEC Design has lately been focussing on urban micro-climate studies, comprising:
- Advanced computer modelling and simulation of urban areas
- Computer-based CFD analysis of wind patterns, identifying problematic spots
- Effects of urban vegetation
- Air pollution propagation from traffic and other sources
- Solar access in streets, parks and squares
- Assessment of thermal comfort in outdoor spaces
CEC Design always interacts as a highly specialized consultant, providing independent evaluation and advice on micro-climate in urban planning projects.
We also offer web and database solutions.
CEC Design participates as a Senior advisor in the international Erasmus Master Programme: MUrCS – Master in Urban Climate and Sustainability.
The company is currently phasing out its activity due to retirement. Therefore, new assignments are only accepted within very limited conditions.